The UI/UX Designer is responsible for designing wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for mobile apps, web apps, and desktop apps for Koder's customers and its own products. In this role, you will work closely with the Product team and Development team to understand the problems we’re solving, the needs of our users, and to create solutions that are simple and intuitive for end-users. You will be hands-on and help Koder and its customers take their ideas and create seamless and beautiful designs.
Together with a team of coders, you will develop applications and features from concept to production.
- Design and create wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for mobile and web applications
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces
- Create intuitive and highly functional web, visual, and interaction designs
- Communicate and work with cross-functional team members including, but not limited to developers, writers, scrum masters, and business analysts
- Collaborate with teams to review and ensure UX features are quality end-to-end, across all design competencies (visual, content, interaction, design, prototyping, and user experience research) and executed according to design concepts)
- Stay informed of current trends in user interface design
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years as a UI Designer
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in graphic and digital design or a related field of study is a plus but not required
- An exemplary portfolio that shows your work in the digital space
- Ability to prototype designs in tools such as InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, or Adobe CC
- Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive change in an unstructured environment
- Customer-oriented attitude to facilitate easier interfaces and experiences for users
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Ability to balance critique and feedback while championing your perspective and position
- Demonstrate sound judgment between breaking existing models to innovate and when to embrace user expectations
- Demonstratable mastery of UI design, including but not limited to, concepts, prototypes, data visualization
- Proven experience creating site maps, wireframes and customer journeys
This role is part-time and partially remote, but we’d prefer that you’re local to Orange County or surrounding areas and are able to collaborate with our team in person at our Irvine office at least once per week.
Compensation: $18-$35 per hour depending on experience.
Koder is a fast-growing technology startup based in Irvine. Our core product is a gig-economy platform that helps companies scale their software engineering teams using a freelance, on-demand workforce of coders.