We're seeking a PR professional who has strong pitching skills, journalistic instincts, writing and editing chops. You should have a flair for finding, identifying, and telling good stories-plus a good understanding of marketing principles, and the ability to work alongside other marketing teams in order to promote those stories.
You must have an understanding of media relations and B2C marketing/communications; and an aptitude for taking complex ideas and communicating them effectively for a variety of audiences. In this role, you will work with the executive team to understand corporate goals and target audiences and conceptualize, plan and execute PR campaigns in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Identify journalists and bloggers in target industries
- Write pitches and press releases to support the company's PR strategies
- Craft PR strategies for the company and its products
- Communicate key messaging to convert editorial interest into press inclusions
- Draft editorial calendars, pitch letters, press releases, etc. to be distributed via organic outreach and other press outlets
- Engage media to secure organic press coverage + awards in print, digital, broadcast and social media
- Create and maintain media lists
- 2+ years of previous experience at a PR agency or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology, marketing, PR strategy, and media
- Agency experience a huge plus
- Ability to demonstrate strategy and outreach to press, report on findings and metrics
- Leverage software tools or online databases to improve efficiency and results
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Microsoft Suite
- Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive change in an unstructured environment
- Time management skills
- Customer-oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, along with good people skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and able to manage multiple projects at once.
Identify journalists and bloggers in target industries
Write pitches and press releases to support the company's PR strategies
Craft PR strategies for the company and its products
Communicate key messaging to convert editorial interest into press inclusions
Draft editorial calendars, pitch letters, press releases, etc. to be distributed via organic outreach and other press outlets
Engage media to secure organic press coverage + awards in print, digital, broadcast and social media
Create and maintain media lists
Koder is a fast-growing technology startup based in Irvine. Our core product is a gig-economy platform that helps companies scale their software engineering teams using a freelance, on-demand workforce of coders. We're currently in the process of launching a new venture in the edtech space and are looking for someone to help us launch it and provide PR support on an ongoing basis.