As a Frontend/Web Developer at Koder, you will be responsible for translating UI/UX wireframes to actual code that works on desktop and mobile web browsers. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will have an active role in defining how web apps look and function.
In this role, will be hands-on and help Koder’s customers ideate and create innovative products and be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from idea generation, prototyping, execution to implementation of projects. Frontend engineers will work closely with the team responsible to see the bigger picture of customer projects and working with teams of freelancers around the world including offshore teams.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other software engineers to deliver compelling products to our clients.
- Develop new user-facing features for web apps.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Create efficient and reusable component that drive complex applications across the stack.
- Optimize the application to ensure maximum loading speed.
- Identify and resolve functional performance and scalability issues.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Participate in solutions design that account for high volume and potential roadblocks.
- Adopt standards, tools and methodologies established by each stack responsible.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or technology-related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a similar position building desktop and mobile web applications. If you recently completed a bootcamp, you must have at least 6-12 months of professional working experience after the bootcamp.
- Experience working with cloud-computing platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Passion and proven talent for launching projects on-time, on-strategy, and on-budget.
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills – ability to multitask and prioritize across several clients at the same time.
- Good client interface and presentation skills.
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment.
- Experience working at a startup or advising startups is a huge plus.
- Strong experience building pixel-perfect web pages that match UI designs provided by the design team.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient understanding of TFS or Git for version control, pull requests and code merging.
- Experience with project/task management tools like Jira, TFS, Trello, etc.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with ASP.NET Core or ASP.NET MVC.
- Huge plus if you have HTML5 or other related certifications.
We offer competitive compensation packages, including benefits and perks.
Koder is a gig platform where top-level developers complete tasks for companies around the world, by helping scale their software engineering teams using a freelance on-demand workforce.
We are team of over 50 based in California, which is made up of software engineers by Microsoft and Accenture veterans and recently we had a multimillion-dollar round of financing with top-tier investors. We are looking to grow our team with high performing individuals interested in being part of our fast-growing startup.
To learn more about us, visit us at koder.com